Monday, February 6, 2012

Beat News - Community Development in Swale

The Beat Project is thrilled to start a new project in Swale.

We will engage and work with marginalised / at risk / excluded young people through creative and enterprising activities (e.g. music, arts, drama, performance & business) through structured but inspiring and fun courses.

Our focus is designed to :
. Build self esteem & confidence
. Improve skills
. Gain qualifications
. Improve motivation & aspiration
. Support those most vulnerable
. Improve employment opportunities
. Provide further education & training
. To confront & address behaviour issues
. To encourage respect & citizenship
. Encourage positive involvement and respect for the wider community
. Bring a sense of purpose & meaning

We are confident that this approach will bring significant and positive changes to the lives of young people in the Sittingbourne area. We are passionate about this work and aim to help bring about a better future and life for all within the local community.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I'm really pleased about this, I think it'll be really good for the area. I emailed a while ago about being able to intern/volunteer with you, and this sounds perfect as I am from Sittingbourne. I'd love to get involved with the arts/drama side of it if possible, or if you need any admin support.

    If you need to contact me my email is ashleigh.r.wheeler@gmail.com and I can come in for a chat.

    Best,
    Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete